Benefits of Smart Thermostats
New technology and the convenience they provide have become critical features for our utilities, and home comfort is no different. There are a range of smart thermostats that come with different features and capabilities, but they all offer advanced technology that streamlines how you heat or cool your home.
Smart thermostats allow you to balance your home comfort by understanding your family’s lifestyle and needs. There are many different models on the market—such as the NEST learning thermostat—that are implementing this innovative smart home technology. Instead of walking to the thermostat or stumbling out of bed to adjust the temperature, many models allow you to use voice control instead.
Installing a smart thermostat can also help you manage heating and cooling needs for different rooms in your home. You can mount room sensors or temperature sensors, such as the NEST temperature sensor, in various rooms across your house. You’ll be able to set the desired temperature for each room.
Here are a few other advantages of installing a smart thermostat:
- Remote Access: Smart thermostats give you the ability to adjust your heating and cooling from anywhere. Whether you are at work or on vacation, you can use your phone, tablet or computer to adjust the temperature and keep an eye on your system. It makes it simple to ensure your home is always the right temperature before you get there.
- Energy Savings: There’s no need to spend money heating and cooling your home when no one is around. Many smart thermostats recognize when you’re at home or away and adjust the temperature accordingly.
- Learning Capabilities: Many smart thermostats can learn from your behavior by tracking your daily activities. All you have to do is install a smart thermostat and it does the work for you.
- Customized Data: You want to do your part to save energy while keeping your home warm or cool. Smart thermostats determine the ideal way to keep your home comfortable with the smallest amount of energy.
- Environmentally Friendly: Minimizing energy consumption does more than help with your energy bills. It’s also an easy way to help the environment by decreasing emissions.
Is a Smart Thermostat Better than a Programmable Thermostat?
Programmable thermostats use a schedule to control temperatures in your home. Some allow you to implement one schedule during weekdays and another on the weekend.
Smart thermostats take this convenience a step further. They offer more flexibility, convenience and technology to satisfy your home comfort needs. From learning your behaviors all on their own to using voice assistant to control your home’s heating and cooling, smart thermostats introduce a new way to manage your home comfort.
At Yellow Dot Heating & Air Conditioning, we’re passionate about enhancing your family’s comfort and helping you save more on energy bills. We’re here to help, so contact us at 919-754-8686 today to request a free estimate or to schedule an appointment.
*Yellow Dot Heating & Air Conditioning guarantees that, if for any reason you are not 100% satisfied with the installation or repair service provided, for a period of one (1) year following the initial date of the installation or repair service in question, we will, at your option: (a) perform the installation or repair service again at no additional cost; or (b) issue a full refund for the installation or repair service charged. This guarantee applies for a limited period of one (1) year following the initial date of the installation or repair service performed by Yellow Dot Heating & Air Conditioning. This guarantee only applies to the workmanship of the installation or repair services performed by Yellow Dot Heating & Air Conditioning technicians and does not apply to any products, including but not limited to the performance or defects of such products installed or serviced by our technicians. This guarantee does not apply to any defects arising from use of the system or product for a purpose other than its intended purpose, misuse, alteration, accident, abuse or failure to maintain the product serviced or installed. Customer must provide prompt notice to Yellow Dot Heating & Air Conditioning of less than full satisfaction with the installation or repair service.