Perks of Smart Thermostats
Technology and convenience have become essential features, and home comfort is the same. There are a variety of smart thermostats that provide differing options and operations, but they all offer advanced technology that makes it easier to heat or cool your residence.
Smart thermostats can do that. They give you the ability to keep an eye on your home comfort and also have the capabilities to start learning your family’s lifestyle and needs. There are lots of different models available, such as the Nest learning thermostat, that include this innovative smart home technology. In lieu of moving to the thermostat or stepping out of bed to modify the temperature, most allow you to use your voice instead.
Using a smart thermostat can also help you stay on top of heating and cooling needs for different rooms in your home. You can use room sensors or temperature sensors, such as the Nest temperature sensor, in different areas around your home. Then you can indicate your desired temp for that room.
Here are a couple other advantages of installing a smart thermostat:
- Remote access: Smart thermostats provide you the option to adjust your heating and cooling from just about anywhere. Whether you’re at the office or vacationing, you can use your phone, tablet or computer to adjust the temperature and monitor your system. It makes it easy to confirm your residence is just the right temperature before you get there.
- Energy savings: There’s no use to spend money heating and cooling your home when you’re gone. Many smart thermostats are aware when you’re at home or out and can change the temperature to correspond.
- Learning capabilities: Most smart thermostats can learn from your schedule by watching your daily activities. Just get a smart thermostat and it will do the work for you.
- Customized data: You want to chip in with conserving energy while keeping your house warm or cool. Smart thermostats determine the best approach to keep your residence cozy with the smallest amount of energy.
- Environmentally friendly: Decreasing energy consumption does more than assist your heating and cooling costs. It’s also a simple approach to assist the environment by lowering emissions.
Is a Smart Thermostat Better Than a Programmable Thermostat?
Programmable thermostats rely on a schedule to maintain temperatures in your residence. Some allow you to rely on one schedule during the work week and another on the weekend.
Smart thermostats take this practicality a step further. They provide better flexibility, convenience and technology to achieve your home comfort needs. From picking up on your behaviors by themselves to enjoying a voice assistant to control your home’s heating and cooling needs, smart thermostats bring a new way to keep on top of your home comfort.
At Yellow Dot Heating & Air Conditioning, we’re dedicated to bettering your family’s comfort and helping you save more on heating and cooling bills. We’re here to help you, so contact us at 919-754-8686 right away to receive a free estimate or to schedule an appointment.