Having a skilled plumber perform your water heater installation offers a lot of perks. From a free estimate to standing behind our service with a 100% satisfaction guarantee,* you’ve made a wise decision when you choose Yellow Dot Heating & Air Conditioning.
When to Replace Your Water Heater
It’s crucial to be watching for signs that you need to buy a new water heater before a leak happens. Otherwise, you may have to deal with a costly water leak or frigid showers.
Many homes use traditional tank-style water heaters. Tank water heaters keep and repeatedly heat a big amount of water. Here are four indications that you could need hot water heater replacement:
- Your water heater is over 10 years old. The majority of gas and electric water heaters operate for around 12 years. Even if your current water heater is working properly, you may want to consider getting a new one, even more so if it hasn’t been adequately tuned up yearly.
- You lack adequate hot water. This is the top sign that you need a new water heater. As a water heater ages, it gets more difficult to efficiently heat and deliver warm water. This goes for both electric and gas water heaters.
- Your water heater is making a loud noise. Sediment accumulates in a water heater over the years, which can cause popping noises as that sediment hardens. When this takes place, the best cure is a water heater replacement.
- Your water heater is leaking. Leaks can happen as seals and joints get bigger and contract as time goes by. Valves can also degrade. These common problems can be caught and alleviated with routine maintenance; however, you will eventually be required to get a new water heater.
Perks of Tankless Water Heater Installation
You have lots of possibilities when it involves hot water heater installation, which includes gas water heaters and electric water heaters. Also, you can choose between a standard tank water heater or a tankless water heater. There are pros and cons to both kinds of systems; however, a tankless water heater installation offers a lot of appealing perks. Here’s just a small selection of them:
- Endless hot water. Tank water heaters hold on to and continuously heat water. But when the tank is refilling or reheating, you’ll have to wait a few minutes for hot water. Tankless water heaters can deliver a continuous supply of hot water.
- Increased energy efficiency. Tankless water heaters are typically as much as 35% more energy efficient than tank water heaters, depending on your family’s demands. This is because they heat water as you require it as opposed to storing it.
- Small. Tankless water heaters don’t have to have a good amount of area. They can be placed out of the way on an interior or exterior wall, or even beneath a sink.
- Reduced chance of flooding. Tankless water heaters don’t retain water, so they’re less likely to have a catastrophic mess like a tank water heater.
Once you’ve made a choice for hot water heater replacement, you won’t have to fret about maintenance. Our Complete Comfort Club is a worry-free maintenance program that also covers required regular tune-ups for your heating and cooling system, plus a whole-home plumbing inspection each year. As a valued member, you’ll also enjoy special repair discounts and priority service. When you need water heater repair, we’re ready 24/7 to receive your call.
Want to learn more about if a tankless water heater is a good fit for your home? Contact our water heater specialists at 919-754-8686 to book your free estimate now.
*Yellow Dot Heating & Air Conditioning guarantees that, if for any reason you are not 100% satisfied with the installation or repair service provided, for a period of one (1) year following the initial date of the installation or repair service in question, we will, at your option: (a) perform the installation or repair service again at no additional cost; or (b) issue a full refund for the installation or repair service charged. This guarantee applies for a limited period of one (1) year following the initial date of the installation or repair service performed by Yellow Dot Heating & Air Conditioning. This guarantee only applies to the workmanship of the installation or repair services performed by Yellow Dot Heating & Air Conditioning technicians and does not apply to any products, including but not limited to the performance or defects of such products installed or serviced by our technicians. This guarantee does not apply to any defects arising from use of the system or product for a purpose other than its intended purpose, misuse, alteration, accident, abuse or failure to maintain the product serviced or installed. Customer must provide prompt notice to Yellow Dot Heating & Air Conditioning of less than full satisfaction with the installation or repair service.