As you are likely aware, it is expected that Hurricane Florence will directly hit our state this week. As your home comfort company, we’d like to provide some important tips and resources to help prepare your home and family for the danger the storm may cause.
1. Prepare With An Emergency Kit and Evacuation Plan
It may seem like staying home during a storm is always the best option but depending on the situation it may be the worst decision for your safety. Visit these resources for help with how to prepare to evacuate:
2. Prepare With A Whole-home Generator
The best solution for power outages is a whole-home generator, call [phone] now to schedule a free estimate (availability may be limited). A whole-home generator not only keeps your heating and cooling system, water heater and refrigerator running during extended power outages, your internet router, computers, tablets and TVs also stay powered up and functional. Of course, no generator will guarantee your home’s internet service is available, but if not you will still have power to keep up with the news and weather on a fully charged mobile phone and live TV. Call 919-754-8686 now to schedule your estimate.
3. Prepare With A Portable Generator
If you do not already have a portable generator and they are sold out in your area, Amazon.com offers overnight shipping. Order adequate additional extension cords to ensure the generator is not placed where Carbon Monoxide fumes could create a hazard.
Once you have your portable generator, you can connect a portable generator to your home’s power system, allowing it to act as a short-term whole-home generator. The simple procedure requires adding an Inlet Box (outside) and Interlock Kit (inside) to your home’s electrical panel. When the power goes out, the homeowner can manually switch to the portable generator after it is running. Call us at 919-754-8686 for more information or to schedule.
4. Help Ensure Your Safety Following The Storm
We’re on standby once the storm passes to help our customers recover as soon as possible. Here are some additional tips to help ensure safety following extreme weather:
- Watch for downed power lines, especially where flooding has occurred and cables could be under water. Never drive over downed power lines even if you believe there is no power to them.
- Do not restore power to your central air conditioner when flooding is suspected to have occurred until it has been inspected by Yellow Dot. Doing so could be dangerous or cause damage to the equipment or to your home.
- After you have visually assessed any damage, call us at 919-754-8686 to schedule an AC and/or household electrical system inspection.
5. Enable Priority Service For Your Home
Now through October 31, Yellow Dot Heating, AC and Electric will be open and available with emergency services. Our Comfort Club customers have the highest priority during scheduling, so to help ensure your earliest availability, please call 919-754-8686 to join our Comfort Club heating and AC maintenance program. Additionally, we are providing the following offers now to all of our customers.
- $69 AC Tune-up and Inspection
- $99 Portable or Whole-home Generator Inspection
- $199 Whole-home Electrical Inspection
- $249 AC Tune-up + Whole-home Electrical Inspection
To get to your home as soon as possible during this busy time we ask that you schedule your next appointment right away. If it turns out you do not need an appointment simply call us to cancel and we will be happy to do so; we do not charge for cancellation so there is no obligation.
Yellow Dot will be here for you even if our phone lines may be busy or down. Please keep our contact information on hand to contact us by phone, email, web or in person at any one of our three area locations.
1203 N. New Hope Road
Raleigh, NC 27610
6551-125 Meridien Drive, Suite 101
Raleigh, NC 27616
2205 Leah Drive
Hillsborough, NC 27278