4 Signs You Need AC Repair
If you’re experiencing any of these issues, please give our air conditioning repair experts a call at (919) 925-4235.
- Air conditioner is making strange sounds. If your AC unit is louder than usual or making sounds you've never heard before, it could be a sign your air conditioner needs repair.
- Air conditioner is discharging refrigerant. Refrigerant is a vital element in the cooling process. Low refrigerant levels can also decrease your system’s efficiency, consume more electricity and generate no cooling.
- Air conditioner motor is not turning. If your AC's motor is broken, it can cause your air conditioner to freeze up.
- Air conditioner is dripping water. It’s not uncommon for your air conditioner to discharge some water outside while operating, specifically when it’s very hot. However, if your AC is leaking water indoors, it could be a sign of a clogged drain pipe or that your condensate drain pan is full.
What should I check before scheduling AC repair?
There are some basic things you can troubleshoot about your air conditioner before calling an AC repair technician.:
- First, check that the thermostat is operational. In some cases, the batteries may simply need to be replaced.
- Second, check if the air filter is clogged. A dirty air filter can prevent your air conditioner from running properly.
- Third, if you know where they are located, you can check your air conditioner's circuit breakers to see if they are switched off.
- Fourth, if you have an external AC unit, you can check to see if it is clogged with dirt, leaves, or sticks. A gentle rinse with the hose will do the trick.
- Finally, if you have central AC, check the air vents throughout your house. If they are closed or clogged, it can prevent your AC from cooling your house properly.
If you are not sure how to troubleshoot your AC or you suspect there is a more serious problem going on, call our Raleigh air conditioning repair company as soon as possible so that we can dispatch an experienced technician to get your AC up and running again!
Were you aware that air conditioning repair can oftentimes be stopped by getting annual maintenance? Our Raleigh AC repair technicians will take a close look at your whole air conditioning system to spot any little issues that could possibly grow into significant setbacks down the line. In addition, we’ll wipe down your air conditioner and lube moving parts to keep your system going constantly throughout hot summers.
At Yellow Dot Heating & Air Conditioning, we’re proud to concentrate on speedy, quality air conditioning services to keep your loved ones happy throughout the year. Contact us to set up your appointment now for air conditioning repair in Raleigh, NC.
PLUS up to $1200 in rebates on qualifying Lennox A/C & Heating Systems
*Call For Details & Schedule Your Free Estimate!
Offers expire 12/2/2022 Cannot be combined with any other offers or comfort club member discounts. Must mention coupon when scheduling and present at time of service; repairs not included. Additional terms and conditions may apply, call for details. Valid from Jul 1, 2022 - Dec 2, 2022