Most power outages don’t last long, but you often can’t determine how many hours it will take to resolve. That's why it's imperative you have a whole-home generator to keep your power running. But, in order to keep this system running when you need it most, you'll need to invest in maintenance.
Benefits of Generator Maintenance:
- You won’t have to suffer through a storm without power
- You won’t have to evacuate to a hotel or other temporary lodging during a power outage
- Refrigerators and freezers will continue to keep food fresh
- Your internet will not be interrupted by the storm
- Your devices will be safe from dangerous power surges with an uninterrupted current.
When Should You Replace a Generator?
A generators lifespan is typically based on how often it’s used. Most standby or whole-home generators can last for 10,000-30,000 hours. However, by investing in regular maintenance and necessary repairs, you can help extend this. Yet, even with tune-ups, there will come a time when your Raleigh home will require a new generator. That’s why it’s important you watch for any signs of a breakdown.
Signs You Need a New Generator:
- If repairs are constantly needed
- If the generator is starting to use more fuel
- If the system struggles to power on during an outage
- If your power fluctuates when the generator is running
If you’ve noticed any of the above issues, it’s best to contact our Raleigh generator installation team right away as delaying a replacement could result in your home going without power during the next storm.
Keep your family safe from the dangers and discomforts caused by power outages! Contact Yellow Dot Heating & Air Conditioning at (919) 925-4235 to schedule a free, no-obligation estimate and consultation for generator installation in Raleigh, NC.