Heat Pump Repair
5 ROOT CAUSES OF HEAT PUMP REPAIR
Once you’ve determine that there’s a problem, the next step is to narrow down potential causes. Unfortunately, there are many different reasons why your heat pump is not working like it should. At Yellow Dot Heating & Air Conditioning, our Raleigh heat pump repair pros specialize in finding the source of the problem quickly to save you time and money.
Here are a few potential reasons why your heat pump isn’t working properly.
- There’s an issue with the thermostat. Your thermostat is a crucial piece of any HVAC system, directing your heat pump to adjust your home to the preferred temperature. If it’s not working correctly, your heat pump won’t either. Remember to make sure that the thermostat settings are correct before you assume there’s a problem.
- An important component has broken or failed. There are a few moving parts in your heat pump. If one of them breaks down or malfunctions, your heat pump may struggle to run normally or even at all. Routine heat pump maintenance can help prevent this.
- Lack of proper maintenance. To keep your heat pump in the best possible condition, you should have maintenance done twice a year. During this service, we’ll inspect, lubricate and clean crucial components. A smoothly running heat pump could result in lower energy bills and can even boost your heat pump’s total life span. Our Raleigh heating and air pros offer a Complete Comfort Club that ensures you’re on top of routine maintenance. You’ll receive annual tune-ups for your heating and cooling, plus priority service, exclusive repair discounts and more.
- Your air filter is clogged. Like any other HVAC system, your heat pump uses an air filter to prevent dust and other pollutants from entering your home’s air. If you don’t change the filter frequently, it can become clogged. Your heat pump will have to work much harder to provide the same amount of heating or cooling, which can increase your energy bill.
- Your heat pump is getting old. Heat pumps can survive up to 20 years with proper maintenance. But the older they get, the more prone they are to needing repairs. If yours is getting old, it may time to think about getting a new one.
schedule serviceservicing all brands
Our team is here to answer your questions. Contact us today at (919) 925-4235 or complete the form below.