Benefits of Heat Pump Replacement
Your heat pump is one of the most important components in your home comfort system. Unlike a furnace or air conditioner that only runs during one season, a heat pump can heat and cool your home.
Since your heat pump works all year, it’s more exposed to wear and tear. If you don’t regularly schedule heat pump maintenance, you might find yourself with a costly breakdown on your hands, particularly if your heat pump is older.
That doesn’t mean you should avoid replacement. In fact, replacing your heat pump with a more energy-efficient system will often improve your home’s sense of comfort as well as your monthly utility bill. And keeping up with proper maintenance from the beginning can help you save money and time over its life span.
Ask your friendly technician for more details about our Complete Comfort Club, which comes with yearly tune-ups to keep your heat pump in great shape. As a valued member, you’ll also receive priority service and special discounts on repairs.
Should I Repair or Replace My Heat Pump?
Even if you’re uncertain with how your HVAC system works, there are several strong signs that your heat pump is no longer worth the effort to repair. Learning how to identify these signs will reduce the risk of a total breakdown. It will also give you a chance to seamlessly make the transition from an old heat pump to a new one.
- How old is your heat pump? Most residential systems live around 15 years when properly maintained. New heat pumps are less likely to need replacement or repairs. If yours is past the 15-year mark, however, it could be less expensive overall to replace it with a new one.
- How often does it need repairs? A heat pump that’s regularly maintained won’t need constant service calls. If you notice that you’re having to make increasingly frequent appointments with our technicians, swapping to a new model is a smart move. We have the tools and experience to provide flawless installation backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee. *
- How expensive are repairs? Even infrequent repairs can be a good sign that you should focus on replacement instead, especially if these repairs are more than half the cost of a new system. Problems that can be fixed easily and inexpensively tend to favor repairs over replacement. But if those costs start skyrocketing and problems become more complex, replacement is the better long-term option. Many of the Lennox models we work with are ENERGY STAR® rated, which means they’re highly efficient at reducing your monthly utility bills.
What Should I Prioritize in a New Heat Pump?
Here are a few tips for making a responsible, well-informed decision to maximize the benefits of your new heat pump.
- Look for an energy-efficient model. While older systems can’t compete with the advances in energy-efficient technology, you’ll still want to identify the most efficient air source heat pump from the new models as well. Pay attention to the seasonal energy efficiency ratio (SEER) and heating season performance factor (HSPF) ratings on models. The higher the number, the more efficient your system is at turning energy into comfort. You’ll also want to consider an efficient air handler, which works alongside your heat pump to circulate treated air throughout your home.
- Look for models that offer the features you want most. Selecting a replacement should include identifying the features or controls that are most useful to you, like eco-friendly programming or the opportunity to integrate a smart thermostat into your HVAC system. But an endless list of extra features shouldn’t be a deciding factor if you won’t use most of them.
- Look for a reputable company like Yellow Dot Heating & Air Conditioning to replace your heat pump. We’ll work with you to find the right heat pump for your needs and review financing options. And no matter what, we back our work with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
Don’t wait any longer to find out why we’re the leading name in home comfort. Our friendly, knowledgeable staff are ready to answer any questions you may have, or to help you schedule an appointment or consultation. Call us at 919-754-8686 or contact us online to get started today.
*Yellow Dot Heating & Air Conditioning guarantees that, if for any reason you are not 100% satisfied with the installation or repair service provided, for a period of one (1) year following the initial date of the installation or repair service in question, we will, at your option: (a) perform the installation or repair service again at no additional cost; or (b) issue a full refund for the installation or repair service charged. This guarantee applies for a limited period of one (1) year following the initial date of the installation or repair service performed by Yellow Dot Heating & Air Conditioning. This guarantee only applies to the workmanship of the installation or repair services performed by Yellow Dot Heating & Air Conditioning technicians and does not apply to any products, including but not limited to the performance or defects of such products installed or serviced by our technicians. This guarantee does not apply to any defects arising from use of the system or product for a purpose other than its intended purpose, misuse, alteration, accident, abuse or failure to maintain the product serviced or installed. Customer must provide prompt notice to Yellow Dot Heating & Air Conditioning of less than full satisfaction with the installation or repair service.