When Should You Put in New Electrical Wiring in a Residence?
A whole-home rewiring may appear to be a large project to undertake. You want to be certain that it’s a service your residence will benefit from. Thankfully there are a lot of reasons to hire a quality electrician like one from Yellow Dot Heating & Air Conditioning.
We strongly suggest replacing wiring in residences that are more than 30 years old, even more so if you’re frequently tripping breakers or see stains on electrical outlets.
5 Benefits of Getting New Wiring for Your Home
Here are a couple other perks of electrical rewiring for your house:
- Additional outlets. Dated homes don’t have as many outlets, which means you may be relying on too many extension cords. When used improperly, these cords could result in a fire danger. Rewiring your residence gives you a chance to add much-needed outlets.
- Increased capacity. Older houses often have a smaller electrical capacity, which decreases how many devices you can use.
- Defends your residence. Outdated wiring may be hazardous as it could start a fire. An experienced electrician like one at Yellow Dot Heating & Air Conditioning will implement rigorous precautions to confirm a rewiring project is finished correctly.
- Increases the value of your house. If your home needs modern wiring, it might be tricky to market. A rewiring project could be what helps you to successfully sell it.
- Links new additions or renovations. If you’re undergoing major construction on your house, the difference in wiring between old and new sections may create issues. Adding a new addition is a great opportunity to rewire your entire residence to make your electrical system consistent throughout.
A whole-home rewiring project is a great solution if your house is more than 30 years old, you want to sell it or are scheduling major renovations. It also adds an invaluable layer of security. If you want to start your project, give Yellow Dot Heating & Air Conditioning a call at 919-754-8686 to request a free estimate today!