Our team will quickly direct one of our knowledgeable professionals to your home. Every one of our friendly pros are entirely licensed and insured to make repairs on any brand of heat pump. They’ve also completed rigorous training to meet your family’s comfort needs through excellent heat pump repair and heat pump replacement.
As your neighborhood whole-home heat pump service company, it’s our goal to perform outstanding heat pump repair for all makes and models. We’ll provide you a clear estimate before we start any repair work. And we’ll support our work with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.* Your full satisfaction is imperative to us. If you’re not completely satisfied with our repair service, you can depend on us to correct it.
We’re here 24/7 to support all your comfort needs. And you can depend on our well-trained techs to get your home comfortable again fast.
Give us a call at 919-754-8686 or contact us online to schedule your heat pump repair appointment now.
5 Clues You Need Heat Pump Repair Service
Our team is dedicated to supporting you with the best customer service. So, we’d like to share some tips with you to learn more about heat pump repair service.
You’ll have a more solid understanding of how to identify symptoms that highlight typical problems with heat pumps. We’ll also inform you of the everyday causes for these malfunctions and what you can do to stop them from taking place again.
Your heat pump is one of the most critical pieces of any HVAC system. It runs continually every day to deliver both heating and cooling for your indoor space. Because your heat pump works throughout the year, it’s at a bigger risk of wear and tear. Concerned your heat pump isn’t operating properly? These clues can establish if you need our professional help.
- Weak or unpredictable heating and cooling. Most models of heat pumps depend on forced air to heat and cool your house. If you have challenges getting the temperature where you want even after your heat pump has been running for a while, call Yellow Dot Heating & Air Conditioning at 919-754-8686 to schedule heat pump service.
- Your heat pump is loud. Your heat pump will give off some noise even when it’s in perfect condition. But if that noise is louder than normal or unusual, it could be a sign that something is off with the equipment. Listen to the sound and call 919-754-8686 for a heat pump inspection to assess for proper operation.
- Repeated starting and stopping. A well-maintained heat pump should not be turning off and on too frequently. This concern is also called short-cycling and can lead to increased wear and tear over time.
- Heat pump frozen or not turning on. If the heat pump is humming but the fan is not going, or does not seem to operate at all, it could indicate a minor electrical or small part failure, or it might be a more dangerous safety issue. Call 919-754-8686 to have the entire system looked at right away. We do not suggest troubleshooting problems due to the chance of electric shock or potential further damage.
- Utility bill is steadily increasing. A heat pump delivers energy-efficient heating and cooling. If you haven’t adjusted your thermostat but energy bills are starting to climb, don’t hesitate to call for heat pump service to ensure the system is working as efficiently as possible.
5 Reasons Why You Might Need Heat Pump Repair
Once you’ve recognized that there’s a problem, the next step is to understand potential reasons. Unfortunately, there are many different reasons why your heat pump is not working properly. At Yellow Dot Heating & Air Conditioning, our technicians specialize in finding the origin of the problem fast to save you time and money.
Here are some reasons why your heat pump isn’t operating properly.
- There’s a problem with the thermostat. The thermostat is the brain of your HVAC system, leading your heat pump to adjust your home to the desired temperature. If it’s not working correctly, your heat pump won’t either. Check to confirm the thermostat settings are right, and check or replace the batteries. If these checks don’t solve it, call Yellow Dot Heating & Air Conditioning at 919-754-8686 for assistance.
- A critical component has broken or failed. Like a vehicle’s engine, there are a lot of electrical and moving parts in your home’s engine. If a piece breaks down or fails, your heat pump might struggle to operate correctly or even at all. And just like a car, ongoing heat pump tune-ups can help prevent a failure by recognizing minor issues before they become major problems.
- Lack of necessary maintenance. To keep your heat pump in top condition and the warranty valid, you should have heat pump maintenance performed every year. At your maintenance appointment, Yellow Dot Heating & Air Conditioning will examine, lubricate and clean the components. A smoothly running heat pump could equal decreased energy bills and might even increase your heat pump’s overall life span. We offer a Complete Comfort Club that keeps up with ongoing maintenance service. You’ll have annual tune-ups for your heating and cooling system, plus priority service, exclusive repair discounts and more.
- Your air filter is dirty or clogged. Similar to any other type of HVAC system, your heat pump uses an air filter to stop dust and other pollutants from getting into the internal parts of the system and flowing into your indoor air. If you don’t replace the filter consistently it can easily get clogged. A dirty air filter causes the heat pump to have to work much harder to deliver the same amount of heating or cooling, which can escalate your energy bill.
- Your heat pump is aging. Heat pumps can last up to 20 years with correct maintenance. But while they age, the more likely they are to requiring repairs. If yours is aging, it may be time to consider shopping for a new one.
Schedule Your Heat Pump Repair Today with Yellow Dot Heating & Air Conditioning
Yellow Dot Heating & Air Conditioning stands apart from other HVAC companies because we begin our process with a free estimate and back our work with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.* You can rely on us to deliver prompt, friendly service when hands-on expertise is needed.
Give us a call at 919-754-8686 or contact us online to arrange an appointment today.
*Yellow Dot Heating & Air Conditioning guarantees that, if for any reason you are not 100% satisfied with the installation or repair service provided, for a period of one (1) year following the initial date of the installation or repair service in question, we will, at your option: (a) perform the installation or repair service again at no additional cost; or (b) issue a full refund for the installation or repair service charged. This guarantee applies for a limited period of one (1) year following the initial date of the installation or repair service performed by Yellow Dot Heating & Air Conditioning. This guarantee only applies to the workmanship of the installation or repair services performed by Yellow Dot Heating & Air Conditioning technicians and does not apply to any products, including but not limited to the performance or defects of such products installed or serviced by our technicians. This guarantee does not apply to any defects arising from use of the system or product for a purpose other than its intended purpose, misuse, alteration, accident, abuse or failure to maintain the product serviced or installed. Customer must provide prompt notice to Yellow Dot Heating & Air Conditioning of less than full satisfaction with the installation or repair service.