What Exactly is a Mini-Split Ductless System?
Ductless mini-split air conditioners, also known as a split system, multi-split system or split-ductless system, are different from traditional cooling systems in several ways. Not like central air, multi-split systems can be placed around your household to provide room-by-room air conditioning, giving you complete control and flexibility over the temperature of each area.
Because they don’t require ductwork, a mini-split AC can cool or heat a space’s air with up to 25% less energy, making them fitting for many homes, specifically rooms with temperature-sensitive belongings or equipment, garage conversions, older homes and young homes where the highest energy efficiency and space is wanted. With a silent, tight design built to heighten energy efficiency, they’re also just as effective and easy to use as standard air conditioning equipment.
Other models are also a mini-split heat pump. Meaning they can provide heat and air conditioning like regular heat pumps, keeping you comfortable all year round.
At Yellow Dot Heating & Air Conditioning, we’re proud to be a partner of Lennox®, the most prestigious name in home comfort. Lennox produces some of the noiseless and most energy-efficient home comfort products on the market.
Are Mini-Splits Better Quality Than Standard Air Conditioning Systems?
You may be questioning why a ductless mini-split system would be more practical than a traditional air conditioning system. Mini-split systems are just another selection of central air conditioning system, but provide a number of their own different benefits:
- Mini-splits provide zoned comfort. Mini-splits construct a zoned system, giving you the opportunity to set specific temperatures for every room. This makes them more efficient for cooling spaces that are occupied more regularly, rather than using central air to cool your entire house. Additionally, energy-saving features can be used to keep active hours maintained to when you really need them, which can result in significant savings from your regular energy bill.
- Mini-splits can supplement an existing HVAC system. Mini-split air conditioners are an amazing choice if you’re only looking to supplement your HVAC system rather than replacing it entirely. This is a smart choice when hot and cold spots are a problem in mature or multi-story homes, when transforming garage or attic space to a living area, and when assembling an addition. A mini-split system can normally be installed into your home with very little complication.
- Mini-splits are great for rooms without ductwork, like additions or garages. A mini-split air conditioning system is perfect for any additions or renovations to your residence that don’t encompass ductwork. You can often use them in garages, sunrooms, attics, sheds and more.
- Mini-splits are effortless to install. Because they’re not tied to a central system, air conditioning installation is usually simpler with mini-split air systems. With the assistance of one of our certified HVAC professionals, you can commonly have a mini-split air conditioner installed in less than a day. There’s lesser disruption since we only have to drill a hole through the wall to link your ductless mini-split AC unit with the outdoor equipment. This makes them more integrated and stable than window or portable AC products.
- Mini-split ACs are simple to control. If you’re concered that a ductless mini-split system will be more challenging to use than a standard air conditioning system, we’re eager to put those fears out. Even if you have multiple units about your household, there are a wide variety of settings that make identifying the best temperature effortless, including programmable temperature, motion and mobile controls.
- Mini-splits are exceptionally discreet. Despite the equipment is in the same space as you, ductless mini-split systems are typically quieter than air ducting from a central AC system. This is attributed to a central air conditioner requiring much greater amounts of momentum to circulate the air through the complete home, with added wind or mechanical noise being an undesirable side effect. Mini-split systems are intended to be understated and can operate as quiet as a whisper. If you have a hard time sleeping or have very close neighbors, a ductless air conditioner is a perfect option.
- Mini-split systems offer enhanced air filtration. These systems are able to filter airborne toxins just as well as a standard air conditioner. Mini-split AC systems are able to also come along with an electrically charged air filter to catch dust, dander and more.
- Mini-splits are very energy efficient. A mini-split air conditioner is just as able to be energy efficient as a traditional system. In several situations, it may even be more efficient. This is notably accurate because they don’t posses ductwork that can pour out air. If you only need cool temperatures in certain parts of your home, a mini-split system can guarantee you’re only employing the power you demand where you need it. A regular central air conditioning system could exhaust up to 25% more power to accomplish the same level of comfort. And many mini-splits are ENERGY STAR® certified for their excellent energy efficiency.
- Mini-splits could outlast a central air conditioner. Central air conditioners typically may last up to 15 years. With suitable maintenance, a mini-split air conditioner could last up to 20 years or more. With proper air conditioning maintenance, you can cause any air conditioner to last for many years to come. A ductless system is no less beneficial, and we’re more than willing to provide you with the very best care and any required air conditioning repair.
Our Professionals Can Help with All Your Ductless Mini-Split Requirements
Our friendly pros are more than glad to answer as many reservations about the perks of a ductless mini-split air conditioning system for your home. Ready to schedule a free, no-obligation estimate? Call us at 919-754-8686 or contact us online today!
*Yellow Dot Heating & Air Conditioning guarantees that, if for any reason you are not 100% satisfied with the installation or repair service provided, for a period of one (1) year following the initial date of the installation or repair service in question, we will, at your option: (a) perform the installation or repair service again at no additional cost; or (b) issue a full refund for the installation or repair service charged. This guarantee applies for a limited period of one (1) year following the initial date of the installation or repair service performed by Yellow Dot Heating & Air Conditioning. This guarantee only applies to the workmanship of the installation or repair services performed by Yellow Dot Heating & Air Conditioning technicians and does not apply to any products, including but not limited to the performance or defects of such products installed or serviced by our technicians. This guarantee does not apply to any defects arising from use of the system or product for a purpose other than its intended purpose, misuse, alteration, accident, abuse or failure to maintain the product serviced or installed. Customer must provide prompt notice to Yellow Dot Heating & Air Conditioning of less than full satisfaction with the installation or repair service.